COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Our office has always followed strict safety precautions to prevent the transmission of respiratory infections. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic we have added many additional layers of protection that we want you to be aware of.
- We restrict the number of patients in the office at any one time. Our office door is locked and we ask you to call when you arrive. When we are ready for your child, we have them come in by themselves if it is appropriate. New patients, young children, and anyone requesting that they come in with their child are exceptions. All games, books, and toys in the reception area are also restricted.
- When arriving, you must wear a mask. You will be greeted by one of the staff who will take a no-touch temperature reading to make sure there is no fever. In addition, you will be asked if you have had a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or travel within the past 14 days. Finally, you will be asked to clean your hands with a hand sanitizer.
- When entering the office, you will see the staff in our PPE’S. N-95, masks, face shields, hair nets, surgical gowns, and of course gloves. In addition, we have air purifiers that also have multiple layers of protection. Hepa filter, UV filter, and activated carbon filter that is unique to our Jade Surgically Clean Air Purifier.
- Once seated in a dental chair, our patients will be asked to swish with a special mouthwash. Studies have shown it to be the only one that is both safe for our patients but bactericidal and more importantly virucidal.
- In the hygiene room, we only hand scale and do not use an ultrasonic cleaner. This helps prevent aerosol production and potential viral spread.
- By the front desk, we have a plexiglass guard but still do most of the appointments, payments, and other business by telephone, email, or text.
- When working with our patients, we also have many procedural and functional modalities to further limit aerosol production. The use of a dental laser, an extra-oral suction unit with Hepa and UV filters, and an oral isolating and suction unit, all dramatically reduce viral spray getting airborne.
- The entire staff is now fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Finally, between patients, not only are we disinfecting the work areas, but all common areas as well, including, door handles, chairs, and bathrooms. This also includes the use of disinfectant air spray.
It has been gratifying that almost universally, our patients are quite comfortable with the new normal. Our goal has always been to serve and protect our patients. We hope you appreciate all the new layers and steps we have adopted to continue meeting this goal.